Sunday, November 24, 2013

Fragrance

I have been getting a lot of questions about fragrances.  What are they?  How are they different?

I use two type of fragrances in my soaps.  In my Purely Natural line, I use Essential oils.  In my Pure Silk Soaps, I use Fragrance oils.

How are they different?

Essential oils are purely natural.  The oils are extracted from plants.  Many believe essential oils can be beneficial for many things, such as medicinal purposes, acne, mood, illnesses just to name a few.  I do not use essential oils for a specific purpose other than scent.  However, I may chose to use one bar over another one day because of the essential oil used in the soap, not just for the scent but for the purpose of the oil itself.  As I do not make claims as to what essential oils or my soaps can do for you, I recommend you research the oils.  There is a wealth of information online, and in books.  I have found multiple free Kindle books on Amazon about essential oils.

Fragrance oils are a wonderful way to achieve a scent not possible with essential oils.  For example, you can't capture the smell of bubble gum with essential oils.  Fragrance oils contain both natural and synthetic ingredients.  I choose high quality fragrance oils from companies I trust.  My whole family uses soap from both of my lines.  

I am very sensitive to fragrances & perfumes.  I use half the recommended amount of fragrance and essential oils in all of my soaps.  I prefer a light scent to something you can smell from down the street.

I hope this helps explain the difference in scents!  If you ever have a question about an essential oil or fragrance oil, contact me!  http://stargazersoaps.com/contact.htm  I am always happy to answer any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment