Wednesday, January 22, 2014

New soaps!

I was finally able to make some soap!  Ahh.... how nice it was to be able to create again!  

First I made Oatmeal, Milk & Honey.  I did two batches, one scented & one unscented.  I used raw goat milk from a local dairy, and fresh, raw honey from a local farm, Creekside Honey.  (LOVE their Honey!)


This is a rough photo - I took this right after I cut the soaps.  But I am so pleased with them!  I took a little sliver and tested it - super early to do this BUT the bubbles!  Holly cow!  I can't wait to use this soap!  

Then I got to play with COLOR.  Here are Lyra, (Plumeria), & Cygnus, (Coconut Lime Verbena).  My 8 year old chose the colors and design for Lyra.  And she did an amazing job!  These soaps smell simply amazing! 


You can see me make these soaps!  Follow me on YouTube!

All four of these soaps will be fully cured March 4th, 2014.



1 comment:

  1. I was wondering when you'd get into milks! We've been consuming raw honey for years, it's been my saving grace against allergies and of course it is absolutely delicious. We also have a dairy not far from my house that does raw cows milk, it was nice for the transition from when Penny was weaning. I buy it every now and again for the great probiotics it provides!

    ReplyDelete