Sunday, January 26, 2014

What's in a name?

I am often asked why I chose Stargazer Soaps as my business name.   It isn't a simple answer!

Years ago, I had a small business.  At the time, my brother lived with me.  When I was searching for a name, he actually chose it for me.  Almost 4 years ago, my brother passed away.  

So many things I do, I do because of my brother.  He has inspired me.  To follow my dreams, to change the world, to be a better person.  When trying to find a name for my soap business, I wanted something to honor him.  But the name he chose years ago was not appropriate for my soap business.  One evening I was outside looking up at the stars.  Something my brother and I used to do.  When we were children, we would lay in the yard and watch the stars together.  It was a peaceful thing for us.  That is when it hit me.  Stargazer Soaps.  And for a theme, I can name each soap after something in the sky.  

I research every name I chose, and try to find something fitting for my soap.  It isn't easy!  However I am really enjoying learning so much about our universe.  And I feel like my brother is still involved in my business, from the Heavens above.  

So in honor of my Brother Aaron, Stargazer Soaps will continue to find inspiration from above.  

No comments:

Post a Comment